Saturday 26 April 2014

Me



A bit about me and why I’m doing this blog.

Back in the mid 80’s I read the first 3 books of the Guardians of the Flame Trilogy by Joel Rosenberg and became obsessed with finding a roleplaying game to play.  Then one day my awesome mom brought me home the Mentzer red box and I was hooked for life.  That was 1987.  Since then I’ve played a lot of different RPG’s and have way too many books on my shelves…ask any of my poor friends who have helped me move.

The games that I have spent the most time playing include: Dungeons and Dragons and its various editions and clones (especially Dark Sun, Ravenloft, Midnight and Red Tide), Palladium Fantasy, Warhammer (1st ed.), Torg, Vampire, Living Steel, Hero System, Talislanta, and Hunter the Reckoning.

This blog will just be a way for me to save notes for my latest obsessions; I have a tendency to never write any of my ideas or game notes down and winging it.  However this can lead to some serious gamer ADD as my brain tends to ramble around.  Hopefully this will let me focus a bit more or at least have some notes to look back on when my attention inevitably circles back to a prior project.

Currently I’m playing in an ADnD Temple of Elemental Evil game, running a modern supernatural horror using Dresden Files RPG and a Talislanta game using Dungeon Crawl Classics.  

 Many of the first posts will deal with this Talislanta DCC.

No comments:

Post a Comment